CROSSFITTER OF THE MONTH MARCH 2015
1. How long have you been training here at CrossFit Elgin, and what brought you here?
I have been at CrossFit Elgin for 1 year. My relentless wife brought me here by purchasing a Groupon for me without my knowledge! I'll admit now that I'm glad she did.
2. Since starting at CrossFit Elgin, what has your lifestyle been like? Have you changed anything?
I have always been periodically active with exercise. But CrossFit has put me in a weekly routine that has improved my fitness greatly. My diet has evolved as well.
3. What is your favorite movement / skill you have learned at CrossFit Elgin?
I like rig work. Learning to kip has been a challenge, but I am improving. I WILL develop the skills to do muscle ups as well as master double unders this year. Goals set!
4. What has been the most challenging part of your journey?
Overhead work is the most difficult for me. My shoulder flexibility was really limited when I started but that is getting better. Double Unders are also a struggle.
5. What has been the most fun?
Getting to know the people has been the most fun. I have developed a great camaraderie with my fellow athletes and the coaches. The atmosphere is great.
6. How many days a week do you typically train at the gym?
Three days a week
7. What is your approach toward nutrition?
I make an effort to eat Paleo but still use a bit of dairy and enjoy cheat meals once in awhile.
8. Favorite activity outside of CrossFit Elgin:
Skiing and Golfing.