Nov. 2014 CrossFitter of the Month:
1. How long have you been training here at CrossFit Elgin, and what brought you here?
I have been training here at CrossFit Elgin for a little under a year. I wanted a change from traditional weight training and also to learn Olympic lifts.
2. Since starting at CrossFit Elgin, what has your lifestyle been like? Have you changed anything?
Since doing CrossFit I have become a more health conscious person.
3. What is your favorite movement / skill you have learned at CrossFit Elgin?
My favourite movement is the clean and jerk and snatch
4. What has been the most challenging part of your journey?
The most difficult part has been dealing with my previous injuries and being able to work around them.
5. What has been the most fun?
The most fun has been meeting and getting to know a bunch of new people
6. How many days a week do you typically train at the gym?
Generally I try to get to the gym 5 days a week.
7. What is your approach toward nutrition?
My approach is largely paleo and a philosophy of your body works only as well as what you fuel it with.
8. Favourite activity outside of CrossFit Elgin:
My favourite activities have to be either hockey or ju-jitsu.