CrossFitters of the Month - July 2013:
Ryan & Janet Ewaskiw
The CrossFitter of the month is meant to celebrate the individuals who shows what it means to be a CrossFitter at CrossFit Elgin. It is more than just being #1 on the whiteboard or lifting the most weight. We, as coaches, look for effort, a never quit attitude and a person who is a positive influence on the others around them. TRAIN HARD!
1. How long have you been training here at CrossFit Elgin, and what brought you here?
We have been training here since Crossfit Elgin opened.
2. Since starting at CrossFit Elgin, what has your lifestyle been like? Have you changed anything?
We like to train 3 times a week and then run and bike on our own. Since the Paleo Challenge we have changed our eating style. A Paleo diet helps me breathe better and have more energy. Both of us have become stronger and more toned.
3. What is your favorite movement / skill you have learned at CrossFit Elgin?
Janet likes wall ball squats and Ryan believes burpees are an all body workout, and pull ups are great.
4. What has been the most challenging part of your journey?
The most challenging part of our journey is our age we want to be like the 20 year olds who are lifting so much and not sore everyday. We try to say "No pain, no gain!"
5. What has been the most fun?
The best part of Crossfit is meeting new people and the daily competitive spirit. We enjoy that there is a sense of community at Crossfit Elgin.
6. How many days a week do you typically train at the gym?
Typically we train at Crossfit 3 days a week. We run with friends and bike together because we also like to train for triathlons.
7. What is your approach toward nutrition?
Paleo is our new way of life, and we allow for cheat days or outings.
8. Favorite activity outside of CrossFit Elgin?
Outside of Crossfit we enjoy our family, swimming, biking and running. Ryan also plays in a Band with 3 great guys called The Portside Bouys.