June 2014 CrossFitter of the Month:
1. How long have you been training here at CrossFit Elgin, and what brought you here?
I have been training at CrossFit Elgin for about a year.
2. Since starting at CrossFit Elgin, what has your lifestyle been like? Have you changed anything?
I am far more fit than I have been in years since starting CrossFit. Our whole family has adopted healthier eating habits - I am trying to eat paleo as much as possible.
3. What is your favorite movement / skill you have learned at CrossFit Elgin?
My favorite CrossFit skills are chin ups, push ups and rowing.
4. What has been the most challenging part of your journey?
The most challenging part of my journey has been balancing other activities, work etc with my CrossFit. The great thing is it is an hour!!
5. What has been the most fun?
Meeting new people and challenging myself has been fun at CrossFit Elgin. It feels great and I have a feeling of accomplishment, people are always cheering you on and you are able to encourage others as well.
6. How many days a week do you typically train at the gym?
I usually train 3-4 days a week
7. What is your approach toward nutrition?
I try to eat a healthy balanced diet, I have really enjoyed paleo meals and recipes. Nutrition has always been a bit of a struggle for me
8. Favorite activity outside of CrossFit Elgin:
My favourite activities outside of crossfit are knitting, reading, gardening, cooking and travelling - I also enjoy my work.