Oct 2014 CrossFitter of the Month:
1. How long have you been training here at CrossFit Elgin, and what brought you here?
I have been training for 2 years after friends told me to give this type of exercise a try. Once my body adjusted to the workouts and the muscle pain diminished, it became a better experience for me. I am so glad I stuck with it as it is one of the best workout experiences of my life!
2. Since starting at CrossFit Elgin, what has your lifestyle been like? Have you changed anything?
I have always had an active lifestyle and fitness is very important to me. But now that I am stronger, I like to take on more household tasks that involve heavy lifting.
3. What is your favorite movement / skill you have learned at CrossFit Elgin?
I have three favorite moves- reverse burpees, toes to bar and cleans.
4. What has been the most challenging part of your journey?
It was reconciling the fact that muscle and strength are actually attractive and you won’t necessarily bulk up. Now that I realize this, I aspire to RX all workouts. I also find that much of the workout is a test of mental will and nothing beats the feeling of gratification at the end of the workout.
5. What has been the most fun?
I enjoy the mixture of fun and supportive banter in the gym and celebrating in the success of others.
6. How many days a week do you typically train at the gym?
4-5 days per week
7. What is your approach toward nutrition?
To eat small meals throughout the day, to eat clean, and to not deny my love of candy once in a while. Go Nibs.
8. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit Elgin: