Strawberries are in season, so I thought you might like to have a good shortcake recipe. This comes from www.elanaspantry.com. I did make a couple of small changes to it.
1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, salt and baking soda.
3. In a small bowl combine the eggs and honey.
4. Pour the eggs and honey into the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Scoop out about 2 heaping tablespoons of batter and place on a parchment covered cookie sheet. I chose to spread my dough
around a little.
6. This will make 12 biscuits. These do not raise like regular biscuits.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
9. Slice a cooled biscuit horizontally and layer with whipped cream and strawberries.
Paleo Whipped Cream
One 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
1 tablespoon sugar or more to taste (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla or more to taste (optional)
Hand beaters or a stand mixer
1. Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator and leave it there until well-chilled; I left mine in overnight.
2. Open the can of coconut milk. There will be a firm, waxy layer on top.
3. Scoop out this firm layer coconut cream that has solidified at the top of the can.
4. Stop as soon as you reach the water at the bottom of the can; don't include anything but the solid cream. (You can use the water in smoothies, or just drink it straight.)
5. Place this cream in the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large bowl.
6. Turn your mixer or hand beaters to high speed, and whip the coconut cream for 3 to 5 minutes.
7. Whip until it becomes fluffy and light, with soft peaks. Mix in sugar or vanilla, if using.
Broccoli Chicken Bacon Alfredo Recipe
1 large spaghetti squash
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (you can also use chicken breast)
7 slices nitrate free bacon cut in pieces
1 cup coconut milk
3 tsp dried basil
3 tsp dried parsley
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp thyme
1 head fresh broccoli (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste
coconut oil or olive oil
Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat Oven to 375 degrees. Put squash in a baking pan and bake for about 1 hour 15 mins depending on size. You can use your oven mitt to squeeze it when done to see if it’s soft, if not cook a little longer.
2. Let squash cool for about 10 mins, then cut in half with a knife and let it cool some more. I usually cook the squash all by itself hours before dinner to get it ready. Get a large spoon and scrap all the seeds out. It’s just like a pumpkin. (pic shown below)
3. When squash is cool enough for you get a fork to start scraping all the spaghetti squash out, and put into your casserole dish. (shown below)
4. You can basically just make spaghetti by adding your meat and sauce and be done, but we are going to take it a step forward. When you are done scraping it all out set aside, and now you can work on your meats and sauce.
5. Cut up your chicken into bite size pieces and cook in large sauce pan with coconut oil or olive oil for about 10 mins. Add salt, pepper and oregano to season. When done, pour all into a separate large bowl.
6. Now take your chopped bacon and throw it into the pan and cook until crispy.
7. When bacon is done, leave it in pan and add your canned coconut milk and all spices and cook for about 5 mins, then throw in your chopped chicken and chopped broccoli. If you add more veggies your sauce will not be as thick, so if you plan on adding a lot of veggies I would increase the sauce mixture.
8. Cook for about 2 more minutes then dump all of it into your casserole dish where your spaghetti squash is waiting. Use a fork to mix it all together.
9. Cook on 375 degrees for about 30 mins. Top with Parmesan cheese (optional). This is a great meal you can make on Sunday and freeze for dinner one day during the week! Enjoy!
Thanks Kim for sharing this recipe with us! It was great!
12 - Eggs
1 Cup - Chopped Veggies (Broccoli, Spinach, Bell Peppers, Tomato, etc)
1 Cup - Cooked Ground Beef, Bacon, Sausage or Chicken Breast
Salt and pepper
Cayenne Pepper (optional)
This recipe makes about 12 muffins.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin with Coconut Oil.
2. Cook up your meat. This recipe will take about 8 pieces of bacon, but you could always make more to add extra (or just to eat bacon while the eggs are cooking :) Chop up the bacon or chicken breast into little pieces when cooked.
3. While the meat is a'cookin, chop up your veggies. add what you like. I like to throw in a variety, depending on my mood that day. Note* If using broccoli it is a good idea to steam it before adding it to the mix.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together with salt and pepper to your liking. (I like to add some Cayenne pepper too) Add the meat & veggies and mix until combined well.
5. Pour the egg mixture into muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the eggs are fluffy and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
(Note: We turned on the broiler for a few seconds to brown and crisp the top of the muffins.)
6. Eat eat eat!