ROW - Paleo Strawberry Shortcake
Strawberries are in season, so I thought you might like to have a good shortcake recipe. This comes from www.elanaspantry.com. I did make a couple of small changes to it.
1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, salt and baking soda.
3. In a small bowl combine the eggs and honey.
4. Pour the eggs and honey into the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Scoop out about 2 heaping tablespoons of batter and place on a parchment covered cookie sheet. I chose to spread my dough
around a little.
6. This will make 12 biscuits. These do not raise like regular biscuits.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
9. Slice a cooled biscuit horizontally and layer with whipped cream and strawberries.
Paleo Whipped Cream
One 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
1 tablespoon sugar or more to taste (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla or more to taste (optional)
Hand beaters or a stand mixer
1. Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator and leave it there until well-chilled; I left mine in overnight.
2. Open the can of coconut milk. There will be a firm, waxy layer on top.
3. Scoop out this firm layer coconut cream that has solidified at the top of the can.
4. Stop as soon as you reach the water at the bottom of the can; don't include anything but the solid cream. (You can use the water in smoothies, or just drink it straight.)
5. Place this cream in the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large bowl.
6. Turn your mixer or hand beaters to high speed, and whip the coconut cream for 3 to 5 minutes.
7. Whip until it becomes fluffy and light, with soft peaks. Mix in sugar or vanilla, if using.
Leave a Reply.
ROW - Recipe of the Week