The CrossFitter of the month is meant to celebrate the individuals who shows what it means to be a CrossFitter at CrossFit Elgin. It is more than just being #1 on the whiteboard or lifting the most weight. We, as coaches, look for effort, a never quit attitude and a person who is a positive influence on the others around them. TRAIN HARD!
1. How long have you been training here at CrossFit Elgin, and what brought you here?
I started training during the first week of CrossFit Elgin’s inception! Influence from some friends who suggested I should try CrossFit, then seeing the CrossFit games on TV!
2. Since starting at CrossFit Elgin, what has your lifestyle beenlike? Have you changed anything?
CrossFit has brought a positive influence to my life which I carry with me in life outside the gym!
3. What is your favorite movement / skill you have learned at CrossFit Elgin?
Favorite movement is a toss up between the Snatch & Muscle up.
4. What has been the most challenging part of your journey?
I feel everyday is a challenge but adapting to the intensity of the Met-Cons has been a challenge!
5. What has been the most fun?
The most fun is being around every other CrossFitter, knowing you've got support from all. When you feel like your suffering you look around and realize you're suffering with everyone.
6. How many days a week do you typically train at the gym?
I try to make it 5-6 days a week. My diet is fairly balanced with a paleo approach.
7. What is your approach toward nutrition?
I believe in organics and try to eat as much of them as possible. Spring, summer and fall you can find me in the garden planting & growing as much as I can!
8. Favorite activity outside of CrossFit Elgin:
Outside of CrossFit Elgin I enjoy playing all sports and cooking yes I said cooking lol!