CrossFitters of the Month - November 2013:
The CrossFitter of the month is meant to celebrate the individuals who shows what it means to be a CrossFitter at CrossFit Elgin. It is more than just being #1 on the whiteboard or lifting the most weight. We, as coaches, look for effort, a never quit attitude and a person who is a positive influence on the others around them. TRAIN HARD!
1. How long have you been training here at CrossFit Elgin, and what brought you here?
I have been training at CrossFit Elgin since May 2013. I had a friend who CrossFit and he told me how much he liked it, so when I moved home from university I immediately looked for a CrossFit Box in the area, and found CrossFit Elgin!
2. Since starting at CrossFit Elgin, what has your lifestyle been like? Have you changed anything?
Since Starting at CrossFit Elgin, I have been living a much happier and healthier lifestyle. I am in the best shape of my life, I love knowing I am stronger than ever.
3. What is your favorite movement / skill you have learned at CrossFit Elgin?
I have a love-hate relationship with all the movements/skills ! I really enjoy doing pull ups and any type of squats! I have learned so much since I started training at CrossFit Elgin, such as double unders, pull ups, and all the lifts- thanks to our amazing coaches!
4. What has been the most challenging part of your journey?
The most challenging part of my journey is learning and understanding that when I am mentally tired, my body can still be pushed so much harder.
5. What has been the most fun?
Everything about CrossFit is fun! The coaches, the community, attaining PRs and seeing my fellow Crossfitters grow and hit new goals! I always look forward to coming to CrossFit Elgin!
6. How many days a week do you typically train at the gym?
I train three days a week.
7. What is your approach toward nutrition?
I try to follow the Paleo Lifestyle. I have cut out wheat and dairy from my diet. I have noticed how much better my body functions since I have made these changes!
8. Favorite activity outside of CrossFit Elgin:
Spending time with my friends and family, which includes my sister who is a fellow Crossfitter at Crossfit Elgin!