Aug 2014 CrossFitter of the Month:
1. How long have you been training here at CrossFit Elgin, and what brought you here?
I joined CrossFit 9 months ago. Shannon and I use to workout together and she told me about CrossFit. She said I would like it and she was right.
2. Since starting at CrossFit Elgin, what has your lifestyle been like? Have you changed anything?
My lifestyle has not really changed but how I feel physically certainly has. Before CrossFit, I was starting to get headaches and my neck would be needing an adjustment which seemed to be monthly. Since CrossFit, my headaches have stopped. My body was needing more physical activity. I feel stronger than I have in years.
3. What is your favorite movement / skill you have learned at CrossFit Elgin?
I use to be terrified of box jumps but now I really enjoy them.
4. What has been the most challenging part of your journey?
Double unders!!! That's a skill that I struggle with but I keep practicing. I also really want to be able to do an unassisted pull up.
5. What has been the most fun?
The people at CrossFit are awesome. What a great bunch of people to work out with. I love the fact that we all do the same workout. It is such a supportive environment. Steve and Adam are fantastic coaches. Their encouragement to keep pushing when you think you can't go any further makes a huge difference.
6. How many days a week do you typically train at the gym?
3 days a week.
7. What is your approach toward nutrition?
I think I do a pretty good job at eating healthy but I also like to have some treats. I try to have a balanced approach to nutrition.
8. Favorite activity outside of CrossFit Elgin:
Spending time with my husband and my 2 little boys.