CrossFitters of the Month - October 2013:
The CrossFitter of the month is meant to celebrate the individuals who shows what it means to be a CrossFitter at CrossFit Elgin. It is more than just being #1 on the whiteboard or lifting the most weight. We, as coaches, look for effort, a never quit attitude and a person who is a positive influence on the others around them. TRAIN HARD!
1. How long have you been training here at CrossFit Elgin, and what brought you here?
I have been training at CrossFit Elgin since June 2013 and was addicted from the first Tuesday evening I started. My "Bestie" Sarah Paradis was "pumping" CrossFit up for months, so on my March Break trip down south, I made a promise to myself I would commit before summer and I am so glad I did !
2. Since starting at CrossFit Elgin, what has your lifestyle beenlike? Have you changed anything?
I have always been a pretty healthy eater, but since starting CrossFit Elgin, I have removed dairy from my diet, have started to eat mostly meats and vegetables, have a protein shake daily, and choose Paleo friendly beverages.
3. What is your favorite movement / skill you have learned at CrossFit Elgin?
Ohhhhhh SO many....but...definitely the Pull Ups and Bar Muscle Ups! If I EVER get the ring Muscle Up....NOTHING would trump that!
4. What has been the most challenging part of your journey?
DOUBLE UNDERS and CHEST PRESS have been my most challenging parts of CrossFit, but I am determined to master the double unders and become stronger with the chest press.
5. What has been the most fun?
Witnessing my fellow CrossFitters (each and everyone of them ROCK!) master skills and achieving PR's, gaining muscle, surviving a brutal WOD and having fellow CrossFitters and the AMAZING trainers believing and encouraging me to push myself beyond what I thought was possible.
6. How many days a week do you typically train at the gym?
Wish I could do 5, but currently I train 3 days a week.
7. What is your approach toward nutrition?
I have always been a pretty healthy eater, and feel it is okay to splurge on cheesecake once in awhile, but have gravitated towards a more Paleo lifestyle, but still love my rice, beans and tortilla chips. I will however sign myself up for the next Paleo Challenge.
8. Favorite activity outside of CrossFit Elgin:
Anything involving my two sweet girls who are 11 and 3...We love to hike, swim, camp, roller blade, bike, play hockey and soccer, watch movies, cuddle...