CrossFitter of the Month
The CrossFitter of the month is meant to celebrate the individuals who shows what it means to be a CrossFitter at CrossFit Elgin. It is more than just being #1 on the whiteboard or lifting the most weight. We, as coaches, look for effort, a never quit attitude and a person who is a positive influence on the others around them. TRAIN HARD!
1. How long have you been training here at CrossFit Elgin, and what brought you here?
I have been training at Crossfit Elgin for about 6 months. Steve brought me here from our Friday hockey team.
2. Since starting at CrossFit Elgin, what has your lifestyle been like? Have you changed anything?
My lifestyle has changed a bit. I have changed my eating habits mostly
3. What is your favorite movement / skill you have learned at CrossFit Elgin?
Thrusters, chest to bar pull ups, toes to bar, running with a medicine ball, box jumps, kettle bell swings, clean and jerks. There are too many movements to list in this question.
4. What has been the most challenging part of your journey?
Changing the way I eat to a more Paleo approach
5. What has been the most fun?
Working out and seeing all the sweat angels after an awesome WOD
6. How many days a week do you typically train at the gym?
I'm at Crossfit Elgin 5 days a week and I normally let my body rest on the weekends
7. What is your approach toward nutrition?
Now my approach toward nutrition is a Paleo approach. I try and eat as many veggies and lean protein as I can throughout my day. Eat meat not wheat!
8. Favorite activity outside of CrossFit Elgin?
I'm Canadian, so Hockey!