CrossFitter of the Month Dec. 2014
1. How long have you been training here at CrossFit Elgin, and what brought you here?
I have been with Crossfit Elgin since July 2013, about a year and a half. I was driving by the old place one Thursday night and was intrigued. I went home and started researching Crossfit. I wanted to be be stronger.
2. Since starting at CrossFit Elgin, what has your lifestyle been like? Have you changed anything?
Crossfit has changed everything in my life. Small things here and there that have all added up in nutrition, fitness, and mind set. I have gained confidence, self-worth, bravery and a willingness to try new things.
3. What is your favorite movement / skill you have learned at CrossFit Elgin?
"I love lifting, lifting's my favourite." I love anything requiring the barbell, the strength portion of our wods.
4. What has been the most challenging part of your journey?
I find anything that requires coordination challenging. Double Unders and Kipping are the most challenging for me.
5. What has been the most fun?
Meeting new people! I find it fascinating that Crossfit brings together so many people who find a common ground and who support, encourage, inspire and motivate each other to become better. I also find one rep max days very "fun"!
6. How many days a week do you typically train at the gym?
3 days a week
7. What is your approach toward nutrition?
If it was put on the earth, I eat it, if it was made, I try not to eat it or too much of it. I just completed the Paleo challenge and will continue on that path right now.
8. Favorite activity outside of CrossFit Elgin: