CrossFitters of the Month - September 2013:
The CrossFitter of the month is meant to celebrate the individuals who shows what it means to be a CrossFitter at CrossFit Elgin. It is more than just being #1 on the whiteboard or lifting the most weight. We, as coaches, look for effort, a never quit attitude and a person who is a positive influence on the others around them. TRAIN HARD!
1. How long have you been training here at CrossFit Elgin, and what brought you here?
I have been training at Crossfit Elgin since December, after training at a “regular” gym for years with little results. I wanted to try something different.
2. Since starting at CrossFit Elgin, what has your lifestyle been like? Have you changed anything?
Since starting Crossfit I f eel so much better and have more energy, the more fit I become the better I feel.
It has also allowed me to continue playing hockey with the younger guys. I have changed my eating habits as well since joining.
3. What is your favourite movement / skill you have learned at CrossFit Elgin?
My favourite movement that I have learned at crossfit is the wall ball.
4. What has been the most challenging part of your journey?
Pushing through to finish a tough WOD when you feel like stopping.
5. What has been the most fun?
Being part of the positive atmosphere at Crossfit Elgin from the coaches to the other members.
Its a unique training environment to be a part of , everyone is competitive at their own level yet supportive and encouraging of each other.
6. How many days a week do you typically train at the gym?
Started out training 3 days a week but now up to 5 days a week with the weekends off to recover.
7. What is your approach toward nutrition?
I try to eat mostly Paleo during the week but use the weekends as cheat days.
8. Favourite activity outside of CrossFit Elgin:
Spending time with family and friends , motorcycle riding, hockey and golf