CrossFitters of the Month - December 2013:
The CrossFitter of the month is meant to celebrate the individuals who shows what it means to be a CrossFitter at CrossFit Elgin. It is more than just being #1 on the whiteboard or lifting the most weight. We, as coaches, look for effort, a never quit attitude and a person who is a positive influence on the others around them. TRAIN HARD!
1. How long have you been training here at CrossFit Elgin, and what brought you here?
I have been training at Crossfit Elgin since the last week in August. I was working out at home and not getting the results I wanted, so Coach Keith offered to show me the fundamentals of Crossfit and I have been hooked ever since
2. Since starting at CrossFit Elgin, what has your lifestyle been like? Have you changed anything?
Since starting Crossfit Elgin I have been happier and I am in the best shape all around than I have ever been.
3. What is your favorite movement / skill you have learned at CrossFit Elgin?
I have learned so much it really is hard to pick but I would say squats, pull ups now that I can do them and some of the lifting.
4. What has been the most challenging part of your journey?
The most challenging is finishing some of the WOD's, when you feel you can't go on but you push your limits just a little farther.
5. What has been the most fun?
I look forward to Crossfit Elgin everyday. The community is amazing and the Coaches are great. Hitting new PR's and seeing others hit theirs as well. The support you get and give to push through and finish is the best!
6. How many days a week do you typically train at the gym?
I train about 5-6 days a week.
7. What is your approach toward nutrition?
7. I do try to eat very healthy regularly but I do have cheat days.
8. Favorite activity outside of CrossFit Elgin: I love spending time with family and friends. I enjoy being active ad play sports or any outdoor activities. ... Yes we had a great time!