CrossFitters of the Month - August 2013:
The CrossFitter of the month is meant to celebrate the individuals who shows what it means to be a CrossFitter at CrossFit Elgin. It is more than just being #1 on the whiteboard or lifting the most weight. We, as coaches, look for effort, a never quit attitude and a person who is a positive influence on the others around them. TRAIN HARD!
1. How long have you been training here at CrossFit Elgin, and what brought you here?
I have been training at CrossFit Elgin since the opening week, my mom found an ad in the paper and showed it to me and I looked it up online and decided I would give it a try.
2. Since starting at CrossFit Elgin, what has your lifestyle been like? Have you changed anything?
Since starting CrossFit, my lifestyle has changed by being able to preform better in other sports like Track & Field, Golf and Skiing. I have changed my eating habits by eating more healthy.
3. What is your favorite movement / skill you have learned at CrossFit Elgin?
I have a lot of favourite movements and skills that I have learnt, like the power cleans, snatches, muscle ups, pull ups, handstand push ups, and many more.
4. What has been the most challenging part of your journey?
The most challenging is probably been the changing diet part and pushing through a really though WOD.
5. What has been the most fun?
The most fun has deffinetly been meeting new people and becoming friends with them, even though I am the youngest by at least 5 years for the most part, I consider them friends and family. Also another fun part is getting new PR's or completing a skill that I have never been able to do before.
6. How many days a week do you typically train at the gym?
I train for the most part every day of the week, except Sunday, so 6 times a week is the usual.
7. What is your approach toward nutrition?
I try to get the right amount of every food group and especially protein since it is very important in getting stronger and repairing tissue.
8. Favorite activity outside of CrossFit Elgin?
My favorite activity outside of CrossFit is definitely playing sports, and hanging out with friends.